Things Every Woman Should Have in Her Closet
Most women have a lot of clothes. We have clothes for work, clothes for going out, and clothes to feel comfortable in. Through all those clothes, there are some staple items every woman should have. No matter what the budget, these are the items you should be willing to splurge on to make sure you get the right fit for you.
1) A Classic Black Bottom: This can be in the form of a nice black trouser or a skirt. The black bottom is necessary for those moments when you have to dress up in a hurry. It can be paired with pretty much any top – from a t-shirt to a fancy blouse. This versatility makes it an essential part of every wardrobe. Just be sure to choose the cut that is right for your body type.
2) The Perfect Jean: Every woman needs a pair of jeans she feels great in. Since jeans, in my opinion, are the hardest thing to shop for and get a great fit, owning at least one pair that fits perfectly can be a huge self-esteem builder. On the day you wake up and feel fat or ugly, slipping on those jeans and knowing you look good will boost your confidence and help you get through the day.
3) The Basic White Button-Up: A crisp white top is a necessary addition to every wardrobe. It can be dressed up or down depending on your clothing needs for the day. When selecting this particular item, be sure to get one made out of cotton. This makes it an easy care item. It can be washed at home, bleached to maintain brightness, and, if in a pinch, wrinkles can be taken care of by throwing it in the dryer for 15 minutes. A word of caution, when selecting this top, be sure to get a good fit in the bust. If the buttons pucker, put it back. The top does not necessarily need to be a button up. A white wrap top made out of cotton would also work and would be a better fit for women with a larger bust.
4) A Versatile Black Shoe: Preferably, this would be a heel, but can also be a flat depending on your preference. The important thing to remember is to pick a shoe that comfortable and can be dressy or somewhat casual. The shoe should help give you confidence and feel good about yourself. Don’t pick a style that is a fad. (Remember, you can never have enough shoes, so save that for another shopping trip!) This shoe should be able to withstand the change of the seasons (no sandals unless you are in a warm climate) and the change of fashion (pick a classic, but attractive style that would be “out” next year).
5) The Sexy Dress: If you don’t splurge on anything else in your wardrobe, please splurge on this. Find a dress that, when you put it on, all you can think is, “Man, I look good!”. The cliche would dictate a black or red dress, but that may not be the case for you. Your dress may be blue or green. If the fit is not perfect in the store, get the dress altered. Also, keep in mind versatility. Can the dress be worn to a party? a wedding? an evening work event? Confidence is key. If you find yourself strutting your stuff through the fitting room, that’s probably the one.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1522416